Homeowners in Las Vegas should always keep track of water usage to know how much they are using, start looking for signs that someone has used too much (i.e., if the toilet is flushed continually), and be sure there are no leaks when they leave their home unattended for an extended period of time. Plumbing warning signs include:
– Brown or rust-colored water is often a sign that iron deposits have begun to build up inside piping systems. If this issue goes unattended, it can cause extensive damage to a system and lead to serious flooding issues causing significant repairs. Plumbers recommend homeowners use a filter on showers and sinks so brownish water doesn’t go unnoticed.
– Plumbing filters can help alleviate the mineral deposits caused by hard water in Las Vegas. Plumbing systems are typically made from metal, which can corrode when calcium or magnesium is present in greater amounts than what can be absorbed by the piping. Plumbers recommend installing an inline filter on the hot and cold water lines leading to a home’s refrigerator to alleviate this issue.
– Plumbing issues that cause repeated blockages are often caused by grease build-up in kitchen sink drains. To avoid build-up, homeowners should dispose of waste materials that contain grease in sealed containers rather than flushing them down the drain. Plumbing tools every homeowner should own
Las Vegas plumbers suggest getting to know your home’s system well enough, so you have an understanding of where everything is located inside your property; this includes knowing where the main water shut-off valve is located. Plumbing tools that will help homeowners maintain their systems include:
– Plumber’s snake for unclogging drains and pipes that have become blocked by debris or sediment.
– Plumbers wrench for use in tightening screws on a range of different plumbing fixtures, including nuts, bolts, and couplings.
– Plumbers putty to fix small leaks around sinks and faucets as well as sealing connections between different sections of piping. Plumbing issues can be difficult to resolve, so it is important to address them immediately before they cause extensive damage inside a home.
– Plumbing inside your home relies on pipe fittings and valves to provide a safe way for water to travel from an outside source into homes. Plumbers recommend homeowners purchase their own supplies, including PVC primer and cement, Teflon tape, socket wrenches, adjustable wrenches, crosscut saws, chisels, clay-lined drill bits, tubing cutters, hacksaws with a fine blade, safety goggles, and gloves to use while working with piping that is under pressure.
– Plumbing systems rely upon pipes built from metal that corrode when they come into contact with minerals present in hard water. Plumbers suggest installing a filter in line on the hot and cold water lines for a refrigerator to help alleviate this problem.