Most people will try to repair their water line on their own because they want to save money on the cost of paying a professional contractor. While this is understandable and it is possible to perform repairs without any professional assistance, we strongly recommend that you hire an expert. If you don’t what you are doing, then you can make the situation a lot worse. Then you could end up paying even more money for repairs.
The equipment involved in water line repair includes a hacksaw, pipe glue, a new pipe, and connectors to cut and replace the broken pipe. You will need to determine the material of the pipe beforehand. Typically a licensed contractor will excavate your yard to reach the water line. However, trenchless technology allows you to avoid having to dig up entire sections of your yard.
There are many benefits to hiring a professional:
- They can repair your water line quickly and efficiently
- Trenchless technology allows them to repair your water line in a non-invasive way
- Preserve the appearance of your landscaping
- Save a lot of time and energy on repairing your water lien yourself
- Ensure that the repairs adhere to safety standards